This time I attempted to imitate a Pottery Barn-esque quilted tree skirt, like this one:
This tree skirt is actually no longer sold by them, so even if I wanted to buy it instead of make it, it wouldn't have been an option. I had a friend help me with the embroidered initial for their last name.
I made it double sided, just in case with the hope that at least one of the sides would be enjoyable for them. See instructions from previous tree skirts here, but I will briefly review too. First step is always to cut out the circles. I use a pin to secure the tape measure at the corner of the fabric folded into quarters to measure. Then pin right sides together and straight stitch around with at least a half inch edge. Trim.
Fold into quarters again, then measure a smaller circle to wrap around the tree base.
Cut a straight line from outside of large circle to small circle.
. I went ahead and pinned the ribbon closures inside. Then straight stitched all but a small hole (in the middle) to turn right side out. Turn right side out, iron, embellish, and finish stitching closed.
Finished product!
Present wrapped, dolled up, and ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.