Monday, February 17, 2014

homemade nut butter bites



These are an ingenious snack that seems to be all over the internet. You can adapt them however you want with the main foundation normally being some kind of nut butter, oats, and honey. I have made them simply with peanut butter, honey, flax seed, vanilla, and oats or more decadently with nutella.

This time around I used my valentine's treat from my husband, Wild Friends Honey Pretzel Natural Peanut Butter from the Turnip Truck here in Nashville. Yum! Unconventional valentine's treat, maybe, but oh so perfect for me!

Don't feel as if these ingredients and amounts are set in stone, rather use them as loose ideas and have as much fun as I am making them.




 Ingredients:
1/2 C. Wild Friends Honey Pretzel Peanut Butter
1 C. old fashioned oats
1/3 C. honey (local- a definite help with my allergies)
1/3 C. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla







Stir the above together til mixed, then I spooned them into muffin cups (as I didn't feel like rolling them into balls), then refrigerate for at least 20 minutes til hardened. If made into 12 servings they are approx. 100 calories per 'bite.' Enjoy!


So many things to try in this basic but delicious recipe - maybe dried fruit or chopped nuts next?