Tuesday, December 24, 2013

tidying up the house exterior, painting trim etc

Now to the rest of the house exterior, we painted the gutters with Zinsser 123 primer and left them white for now, unfortunately my husband also painted our roof a bit :( but we need a new one anyways supposedly in the next couple of years so not the end of the world I don't suppose. I would love to have a lighter colored dimensional roof and ours needs upgrading to ridgeline vents as well. Maybe in
grayowens corning shingles, roofers in dallas, dallas roof repair
or I also like thisowens corning shingles, dallas roofer, dallas roof repair, roof repair in dallas Driftwood sample from Owens Corning.
Then I primed and painted the shutters, window trim, and shed Smoky Olive from Valspar using exterior satin. I painted the doors Redstone Blue Spruce from Valspar also in exterior satin - it unfortunately did this weird bubbling thing where using a brush was more successful than a roller. This had never happened to me, so I am not certain if it was that the type of paint wasn't compatible with the type of roller - not sure, but definitely made me grumpy. I ditched all the storm doors most of the them didn't' go with the doors behind them so it sectioned them off in weird ways and didn't fit, but it definitely created a whole host of additional problems which we are attempting to re-mediate. Plus while painting the trim there was plenty of window cleaning and weather proofing to be had - needless to say the whole thing start to finish was a job of enormous proportions but hopefully an improvement! Still lots of detail work to be done. Not to mention we know the limewash won't hold up on the wood, but I would love to move to shaker shingles eventually. In the spirit of Christmas and relaxation I am going to omit a detailed to do list.

My life was significantly changed and improved by this flat razor window scraper! I am NOT exaggerating either. I will never tape another window, that and using a 1 1/2" brush for all the tiny details was amazing!
Photo

Before

Middle

After

Before

Middle


After


Before

Middle

After


I hope that you all are having a wonderfully 

merry and peaceful holiday season