Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Presents for my Nephews and Baked Kale Chips Recipe

 Baked Kale Chips
Smitten Kitchen

Kale
Olive oil
Sea salt

I cut the ribs out of my kale, then chopped it down to bite sized pieces and followed her directions to cook at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. I made mine a tad too salty, so beware. They were quite good and I am of the same mindset that kale has typically not been that lovable for me. However, I have also recently made it in a hearty Potato and Kale soup from America's Test Kitchen and loved it. Due to the texture I would generally choose spinach or chard over kale. Kale certainly has its nutritional and wallet saving benefits though.




Meet my adorable nephews, whom I love to make presents for. The list of things that I have made for them now includes: a dinosaur blanket, turtle blanket, tee pee, puppet theater, and now a set of hats, scarves, and mittens all from Oliver+S. I bought their book of things to make for kids this fall to make the aforementioned puppet theater and am now completely in love with the book. My mom is an expert seamstress, but I am still in the learning process and would say that this book requires reading and re-reading to accomplish a project, but so far so good everything has come out pretty cute! See for yourself.

~Sabrina